Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Secret Diary of a Call Girl

I started watching Secret Diary of a Call Girl a couple months ago on youtube, when I saw an episode on tv one night. Although prostitution is something I'd never personally consider, the show really fascinates me.

The characters are so diverse and interesting, the suspense is thrilling (who will be behind the door...) and her lifestyle is like no other person I've come into contact with. But what intrigues me even more is how she seems to be so "normal" - not a word I really like using - but if you saw "Hannah" walking down the street, you'd never pick it. It certainly challenges your preconceived notions of prostitution and the stereotypes attached to the title, 'prostitute'. Belle de Jour wasn't forced into prostitution due to poverty or substance abuse issues, for her it was a choice, and something she even enjoys.

I am considering buying Belle de Jour's novel "The Intimate Adventures of a London Call Girl" to feed my addiction...

No comments:

Post a Comment